*Shelbyville Indoor Soccer strives to ensure a safe, fun soccer experience. Violent conduct won’t be taken lightly and we reserve the right to expel and/or ban any player from this facility who continuously demonstrates poor sportsmanship, violent conduct and/or is abusive towards others. You are responsible for your own actions.
Players’ Uniform & Equipment
Numbered shirts that all match in color, shorts, socks, protective shin guards and indoor soccer footwear with rubber soles. Team must have matching colored shirts and full soccer attire. NO CLEATS.
Levels of Competition
Shelbyville Indoor Soccer reserves the right to make the necessary changes within league divisions to ensure an equal level of ability and competition.
A request to not have a specific referee for you game may be made to the front desk but reassignment of referee is not guaranteed
Duration of the Game
Duration: Two equal periods of 25 minutes on a running clock. Clock stops only at the discretion of the referee.
Start of Play Procedure
Coin toss followed by kickoff; opposing team waits outside center circle or 8 yards away; ball deemed in play once it has traveled the distance of its own circumference; kicker shall not touch ball before someone else touches it; ensuing kick-offs taken after goals scored and at start of second half. The kick-off is an indirect kick and does not need to travel forward first.
Ball in and out of Play
*Ball out of play: When it hits any part of the netting, roof, lights, or leaves field of play. (restart: Indirect kick at or beneath that point).
*When ball stops behind the net it is either a corner kick or goal kick depending on which team touched it last.
Kick-in and Free Kicks
Method of Scoring
When the whole of the ball has passed over the goal line, between the goal posts and under the crossbar (except by illegal means i.e. handball).
Fouls and Misconduct
Direct free kick awarded when a player intentionally commits any of the following offenses (penalty kick awarded when infringement takes place in penalty area):
Indirect free kick awarded when any of the following offenses is committed.
Players shall be cautioned (yellow carded) when:
*These yellow-card offenses are punishable by an indirect free kick taken from the point of infringement. When the card is issued, player must leave field for a 2 minute penalty (cool down) and must wait until referee invites him/her back on field or until opposing team scores a goal. Team must continue play with one player down.
Players shall be sent off (red carded) for:
*When a red card is issued, a player must leave field immediately. Management reserves the right to expel or ban player from facility for an extended time determined by management. All red card offenses is at least a one match ban. Game continues, the team plays one player down for the rest of the game.
1) Every team makes the playoffs (1vs8, 4vs5) (2vs7, 3vs6)(In the event of a tie, the one with the best position in the table passes)
2) Semi-finals and final will be played on the same night.(In the event of a tie, it goes to penalties.)
3) Players who were on the field shoot first, then we move on to the rest of the roster. If still tied once everyone on the team has shot then players may take their 2nd shot in whatever order the captain prefers)
LEAGUE STANDINGS POINT SYSTEM
LEAGUE DIVISIONS TIES
1) No Food or Drink on the indoor field
2) No checking into the walls will be tolerated. Players defending against an opponent on the wall must only shadow the player in attempt to win possession of the ball. Physical contact will be called by the referee. A player attempting to hold the ball in the corner for longer than 10 seconds will be called for delay of game.
3) GK box is 8 yards from goal line and 1 yard from the outside of the post (extends to the back wall) *Depends on how facility lines the box but this is what we have asked of them
4) Players must have picture ID on hand to verify they are who they say they are on the roster
5) Each team is responsibile for bringing one game ball (size4 ball) and an alternate kit/uniform just in case both teams standard kits are the same color
6) No Alcohol is permitted in/outside the facility .Zero tolerance on this matter.
7) As of now only Red and Yellow cards carry over. 3 yellow cards in one season will result in one game suspension.
8) The word or decision of the Field IS FINAL word of SIS (please send text to (931)205-3613 for any clarification rule.